Monday, February 06, 2012

Weekending- full

                        I have to admit, sometimes I find weekends a little overwhelming. I spend so much time during the week lining up playdates and activies and projects for my kids. And then the weekend comes and I have to do it again, only for all four of us.


I made a curtain for the bathroom on Saturday night. It's only the second thing I've sewn. I still find it difficult and the results less than perfect but I remind myself that if I dug up the second thing I ever knitted, it wouldn't be a stunning work of art either.

We started our broccoli seeds in the basement. Grow, little sprouts, grow!

My friend Zelda called me on Saturday and invited me to join her at a book festival at Seattle University. I was only able to see one of the speakers, John Dear, but he is an amazing peace maker, and he had some thought provoking things to say. I'm on the waiting list for his book at the library because I want to hear more of this story.

Sunday night we had a potluck at Quaker House to welcome a new intern to the program. It was fun to hang out with the interns and the other committee folks. My kids were bouncing off the walls by the end though. Do you ever have a day with one of your kids where you feel like you are swimming upstream all day long? Yeah, me neither. Can't relate at all.

Linking with Amanda at Habit of Being.

2 comments:

amanda {the habit of being} said...

as long as it works, looks don't matter...at least that is what i always told myself when i attempted sewing ;-)

mama cindy said...

I think you are being a bit hard on yourself. The curtain looks very nice. Love to see you guys getting started with the seeds. That's such a hopeful sign, isn't it? Makes it seem like that spring birthday will soon be here. Can't wait!