Monday, February 27, 2012

This weekend- busy bees

My second batch of sourdough is not quite as pretty as the first.


This weekend was a whirlwind of socializing. It's amazing. Friday Brixton and I went to the Arboretum with big Desi, Joey and their moms. I didn't take my camera, sometimes it feels like it gets in the way. I'm sure I would have just captured a bunch of toddler moments anyway. The kids spent about 15 minutes throwing rocks in the lake, which was amazing and the moms actually got to talk.

Saturday morning I had a writing date with my friend Thea from Meeting. A writing date! It was lovely. We went to a coffee shop and worked side by side and stopped every now and then to chat. We are both moms without much time so it was really nice to have that morning and we are hoping to do it again soon. While we were working, Chris took the kids to see a Ugandan Orphan Choir at the Northwest African American Museum. From what I hear, it was a very good performance.

Saturday night we had date night. We were supposed to go over and hang out but Harper's mom got sick and couldn't have her date. Soooo, Chris and I went out. We hung around a lovely bookstore and went to our favorite noodle shop. Yum.

Sunday morning. I was taking a turn in the Primary Care room at Meeting, which is kids under five. Our Meeting is becoming known for "the Meeting with the kids" and it's true. In the Primary Care room that day were eight kids under five. It's a lot for such a small Meeting (84 adults.) I love watching our community grow.

Sunday night we went to see a play. It was a-maz-ing. To see one actor play 30 different characters, with accents and body movements, and the story itself- of identity and survival, it was so very powerful. We went with some friends of mine from Earlham who are now living in Seattle and are big theatre buffs so that was a very nice element to the evening.

And now on to our week. (The school choice form comes out today. Sigh.)

Linking with Amanda for Weekending.

1 comment:

amanda {the habit of being} said...

a writing date sounds fun! do y'all read each other's stuff and offer input?