Monday, June 25, 2012

Harvesting

More strawberries are coming in. I tasted a cherry today but it's not quite there yet. Hopefully we get to them before the birds do this year.



                         But what I do have a ton of is herbs. I harvested some today and got them ready for drying, in the basement. I'm not sure yet what we'll do with them- soap? homemade face masks and hair rinses? sachets?

                           
                               Let me know if you have any great ideas. I've got lots of rosemary,

                                        
                                          lemon balm
                                       
                                               chamomille
 
                                      and lavender.

                                 I have no real system for drying right now, I just hang my bundles off stray nails all over the basement. It really wouldn't be that hard to put two nails together and hang a drying line from them, but I just haven't done it yet.

Now I'm off to consult my herbal books to look for projects...

1 comment:

grandma cindy said...

Your herbs look so fresh and healthy. Glad you will be finding all kinds of ways to use them. Have you considered netting the cherry tree? It might be expensive at first, but hopefully you could use it year after year.