Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Organizing the Legos







Fresh off some New Year energy, Chris decided to do something about the Lego jumble in our basement. He went to the hardware store and got some of those boxes for storing tools. Then he and the kids spent many happy hours sorting the entire collection by color and a little bit by design. It is nice having them off the floor, and it's more fun for the adults to play Legos now that we don't have to be the "searcher", digging through piles to find that one piece. 

I've been trying to organize some things too. I did my usual new years evaluation of what's taking up energy in my life, and if those things are giving back in equal proportion. I ended up quitting one thing (a women's group from my Meeting) and trying to start something new ( a writing group, we'll see.) It's always a good exercise, to be intention about the things on the calendar. The kids are campaigning for some changes in their extracurriculars  too,  so we'll see how that shakes out. 

I've added another part-time job to my freelance facilitating/ playing with babies gig, and I'm still trying to work out the childcare piece. Which is always a challenge, but something will come together. With all my various gigs, I'm now working outside the home four days a week this quarter, which is something new for me. I'm excited about it though. It's good to have different outlets. 

2 comments:

grandma ann said...

I'm impressed! It looks like a display on Pintrest. Good job, Chris.

mama cindy said...

Nice going on all accounts with the organizing and evaluating what's working and not working so well in your lives.