Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yarn along


Since we were traveling, I wanted something I could easily knit on the plane. So I didn't bring my darling socks and their charming gussets since I would have probably thrown them out a window. No, I made a simple ribbed hat for Chris with some yarn from my stash and it was the perfect thing to work on. My reading was along the same level, I wanted something enjoyable but straightforward and Philippa Gregory fits the bill for that nicely. This one is a fictionalized account of the War of the Roses and I don't know enough about that period to notice if she fudges the details a bit, so it all turned out fine.

Linking with Ginny at Small Things.

2 comments:

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Both look like perfect travel companions!

mama cindy said...

I liked looking at that book and hat in progress better when they were sitting on my table. :) Glad you got the hat done. It looks great!