Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yarn along- a hat


I was so inspired by the easy calm hat I made Chris that I had to make one for myself. Now Unity wants one too! I have just been playing with all that new yarn, and trying to figure out what to do with it. (I bought a woman's whole stash off her hands for a deal.)

This week I finished The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond.  I know a lot of people really love her blog and I was interested to hear her story but I didn't really get into it.  I was not a big fan of her writing style, which spent a lot of time describing her brand name outfits and kept using the same adjectives to describe her sweetheart.

Then I started Acts of Faith by Eboo Patel. It's a memoir by a young man of Indian Muslim heritage. He first tries ignoring his heritage, then strongly embraces it. But when he realized the radical clerics were recruiting people like him, Patel realized he wanted to work for interfaith pluralism.  He started an organization in Chicago to work with young people on interfaith communication.

And hey, speaking of, it's International Day of Peace.

1 comment:

oma said...

those are some diverse selections. pioneer woman is a bit too over-the-top for me, too.

i just finished ann patchett's latest--_state of wonder_--and didn't want to put it down. or for it to end. and now i'm sad it's over. so so good.