Friday, February 01, 2013

a little Lego project


So Unity had the day off from school today. I was feeling a little under the weather, so Chris took her to work with him which she always loves. She reads and draws while he does his thing. After eating in the cafeteria where she got to eat a burrito AND chips AND french fries, they came home and started a Lego project. 

I have a confession. I'm not much of a Lego person. I mean, it makes sense to me in theory but it's not my favorite way to play. My games as a kid were more about using my dolls as props to act out the stories in my head. It wasn't so much about following a blueprint to build a boat. But then there's Chris, who spent his childhood taking apart appliances with a screw driver. So the SAT analogy would be:
Playing Legos is to Chris what reading Sideways Stories From Wayside School is to Polly.

Reliving the best parts of childhood.

So Chris decided to do a Lego project with Unity this afternoon. They went to our local coffee shop where everyone knows our names. Or at least our kids names. They took photos of the coffee shop and then replicated it in Lego form. 











Unity tells me they're not finished, they still need to do the upstairs with the little tables and put more people in, but pretty good so far, don't you think?


1 comment:

grandma cindy said...

That's a very creative way to use Legos. Nice job Chris and Unity!