Friday, November 07, 2008

I Found Key!

So, in the absence of a working camera to give you all pictures, I have this amusing story:

Yesterday, I left the car key and electronic car door opener on our living room table before heading off to work, in case Polly needed to get the car seat or stroller from the car.

This morning, Polly gave me the electronic car door opener, but not the key. The key was not on the table, nor was it on the floor nearby. I spent about 15 minutes looking around for the key in the kitchen, in the living room, in the bathroom and in yesterday's clothes. All this time Unity is following me around watching and making random nonsensical comments. Finally, while I am looking in our bed for the keys, she says:

"Play?"

I respond, "No baby, I can't find the key"

"I find key," she replies

"No, I can't find the key"

"I find key," she asserts

"Baby, do you know where the key is?"

"I find key"

"Baby, can you get me the key?"

Off she runs out into the living room where Unity retrieves the key from the wheel of one of her toys which she proudly holds while laughing.

"Good job Unity! Thanks!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Unity should get you one of those 'clapper" type lost key alert devices for Christmas! Smart baby!

Anonymous said...

Does she know where I put my sunglasses?

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Great story! Thanks for finding the key, Unity and putting a big smile on my face!