Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving and Tree

We had Thanksgiving at Hilary and Dan and Felix's house again. We had so much amazing food and Felix's cousins, Cassandra and Natasha were there so the kids had their own table this year. We have so much to be thankful for this year so it was great to celebrate that. Today, I busted out the Christmas decorations (and music) and we set up the tree. It's such an amazing experience for me, to have Unity help me put on the ornaments; the Czech beadwork ornaments that were made by my Great Grandma May, the embroidered yarn ornaments that were made by my Great Grandma Avril, the felt and ceramic ornaments that were made by my Grandma Rene and the painted dough ornaments that were made by my mom the first year she was married, plus all the wonderful ornaments that friends and relatives have given us over the years. I feel so connected by all this love.









1 comment:

grandma cindy said...

Very festive - - both your Thanksgiving and your Christmas decorating. Love the story about the ornaments and the connections. I feel very connected and also too far away, so you'll have to do this for me. Move the bears so they say LEON. It is a family tradition after all!