Sunday, January 14, 2007

Baby Gear

Now that we are home for the holidays we have been braving the peril of Babies-'R-Us to gather baby gear. Both Polly & I are mall-phobic, and going on these shopping expiditions leaves us a little shell shocked afterwards. The shock and awe of all the useless crap being peddled to nervous parents is a big overwhelming. My 'favorite' was Nursery Water (tm), essentially bottled water for infants whose parents couldn't possibly have their child drinking Seattle tap water.

We were troopers and managed to pick up a crib, mattress and stroller, and got out without too much damage to our phyche. Thanks to everyone who helped out out with wonderful gifts this holiday, we couldn't have done it without you!






























1 comment:

Cindy said...

For people who don't shop, I'd say you did very well for yourselves. The stroller looks sturdy and ready for action and the bed is a very nice looking one. It was especially touching to see the green gingham horse Grandma Rene sewed for Polly sitting in the bed. And I like that the books are close by. I will have a hard time trying to decide which one to read Unit first when I get out there!!