Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So long Axel




How quickly things can change! The last post featured photos from our garden which were taken just yesterday. Well. Today I discovered that two of the chickens had gotten out and had a feast. They didn't get to the cherries, or the artichoke, but other plants were not so lucky. I think most everything will come back eventually, but this is not the first time this has happened and it led to a decision. Our family will be decreasing by three. We have been feeling lately that the chickens need more space and grass than we can provide them right now and clearly they feel the same. So it's free to a good home for Axel, Slash and Duff, and I can't say I'm too sad. It's been fun but I am ready to have a good garden.

4 comments:

Kristine G said...

We'll take 'em - you can bring them with you on your roadtrip, hehehehe...

cdg said...

too late! we put an ad on craigslist and there were five replys by this morning... they are getting picked up tonight.

Anonymous said...

Bye, Bye, Birdies. We have watched you chase those chickens back into their area so many times. I can see how it got old. Destroying your hard work and hopes for a great harvest? Yep, they had to go.

Anonymous said...

Phew! I'm glad they are not going to
Davis CA. Then, it would be bye, bye to the rose bushes.